About the Childless Support Circle
The Childless Support Circle provides a monthly opportunity for those who are
childless-not-by-choice to come together virtually for 90 minutes to share
experiences, discuss coping skills, and help each other heal and grow. Each month
will focus on a different theme related to childlessness. The group is open,
you can choose to only register for the sessions that are relevant to you.
To create a safe space and ensure a positive experience for everyone, please follow
the following rules for participation:
- Join the meeting with video. I know it feels vulnerable and can be awkward to be seen, but participating with video creates more personal connections with each other.
- Plan to participate. Please come prepared to share your thoughts and perspective with the group.
- No TTC talk. This group is meant for those who are coming to terms with or have accepted a life without children. If you are still undecided, may try to conceive in the future, or are interested in adopting, you are welcome to join, but please don’t bring that topic into the group discussions.
- Be respectful. While not having kids is what is bringing us together, there are bound to be a lot of differences in the group. Please be respectful of others in the meeting.
- Be aware of the “space” you occupy. To ensure everyone has a chance to participate, be conscious of how much you are talking versus listening.
- Respect each other’s privacy. What’s said in the group, stays in the group.